Saturday, July 3, 2010

Success Take 2



Okay so my first attempt at balcony flowers was sort of a fail because I planted all flowers that didn't like the sunshine that they get on a south-facing balcony! So they have been moved into the shade and away from the railing.

So today I went back to the store and bought some more flowers that will hopefully take to the sunshine and heat a little better ... though I'm not sure it will be successful either. Thankfully the flowers are all on sale this time of year because everybody else has already planted their flower boxes so it's not expensive to keep buying more.

So I now have new flowers, and herbs! Basil, rosemary, and thyme. I bought chives too but they didn't fit into the box with the others so they're on their own inside the apartment for now until I figure out what to do with them.

Sunflowers and begonias (and I don't want to hear about how begonias don't like sunshine! I'm hoping they'll like the sunshine here), the begonias are just sitting in the box not planted yet because I ran out of soil and am too tired of walking down the hill to go back to the store again today:



And the herbs:

No comments:

Post a Comment