Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Backpacks!



Here are our shiny new backpacks. Can you tell which one is mine? We treated ourselves to them at our favorite Swiss outdoor store, Bächli. I told the salesman there (who has family in Natick, small world) to find me something orange! Actually, a large number of the bags there were orange so it wasn't an issue.

I didn't have any sort of hiking backpack, so I needed one, and the backpack that Martin has been using here kills his shoulders and is not meant for hiking so it was time for something a little more serious for all of the hiking we plan to do here. So now we have our bags that we will use for our hiking trip this weekend!



I got Martin to agree to a less-intense hike in a valley on Saturday (though it's 18km), and then on Sunday we'll do a steeper hike. We really have no idea how difficult either of them will be so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment