Friday, May 28, 2010

My Morning Run



There are some really pretty flowers along the route that I run in the mornings. So I took some pictures of my favorite two houses a few afternoons ago to share with all of you. Of course, as usual, I have chosen a running route "where the other half lives". So it is lined with many gates leading into well-landscaped yards. And, there's a great view across the lake from this road as well (when it's not raining or foggy).







And this bush is neat. I have no idea what it is, but it's like a little patch of fire on the side of the road:





And here's a bit of the view that can be glimpsed between some of the houses:





Note the nice rooftop terraces/patios where people can sit and enjoy their views. Of course they have lots of little plants on them to make them pretty. I have also noticed that most houses and apartments here have flowers out on their balconies. It makes everything look nice.



Even this modern building (which has an amazing view BTW) has plants on all its balconies.



And there are even some palm trees - these are not too far from my apartment. I thought I had to go to southern Switzerland to see palm trees but I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment