Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally here!

I have finally arrived in Zurich. It's a little different traveling to Europe when you know you're moving there instead of just vacationing. I'm much more concerned with figuring out how to maneuver the metro and find the grocery store and do a load of laundry than with seeing the city and enjoying myself right now. And of course I still know nothing because it's pouring rain here and we don't want to go wander around in it. But it apparently rains all the time here so I'll need to man up and get used to it.

Tomorrow I will get my resident permit and then go to the bank to be added to our bank account here. Then I have to get a year-long metro pass (it costs $8/day to ride public transportation here otherwise!) and join the ETH gym since that's where Martin joined and I'll get the best deal there. So, busy day. I also learned today that I bought the wrong adapter for the outlets here so I'll need to find a Swiss adapter. The list of things to buy is getting longer by the minute. Martin's apartment definitely needs a woman's touch which includes things like a bath mat and a sheet for the aerobed and a toilet brush and hangers for our nicer clothes and stickers so we can hang things on the walls because they are solid concrete so we can't use nails. Lots to do! And lots to learn too because I have no idea how to get to the grocery store or the train or anywhere from the apartment yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment