Sunday, July 29, 2012

Group Outing 2012


Some of you may recall Group Outing 2010, which was a hike with Martin's lab group from the ETH. This year there was another hike and Martin was invited along even though he's not in the group anymore. I was invited too but didn't go as the hike was a Thursday and Friday so I'd have had to take 2.5 days off from work to go on it.

Since I wasn't there I don't have much commentary I am just going to post the pictures from it and wish I had gone because I sure do miss those Alps. The hike went from Bristen to Sedrun and they stayed overnight at the Etzli Hütte. The first day covered 1300m of vertical distance (uphill) but only 7km horizontal distance so it was pretty much straight up but they had all day to do it so they got to take long breaks. The second day was just 200m uphill then all downhill into Sedrun.















No comments:

Post a Comment