Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter in Switzerland



Easter is, I think, the biggest holiday of the year here. You can tell because it's the holiday where they fill the entire front of the grocery store with aisles of chocolate bunnies and Easter decorations. For comparison, there was no candy for Valentine's Day, or Halloween, and very little for Christmas. And most people had a 4-day weekend for Easter as well. You don't see that in the US! But people here tend to take religious holidays much more seriously than we do in America. They get Ascension and Pentecost as days off from work as well, which I had never heard of before I came here.

Everybody knows that swiss chocolate is quite delicious. One of the Swiss chocolate companies is Lindt (I'm sure you're all familiar with it). Here in Switzerland, they make a really big chocolate bunny - it weighs 1kg (2.2 lbs). Here are some pictures of it so you can get an idea of its size:





I think this picture makes Onyx look like he has a freakishly long neck:



I think the bunny could have eaten Onyx whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment