Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oktoberfest Eatings



I didn't go to Oktoberfest, but Martin went with his friend Jason (who was the best man at our wedding for those of you who remember that). I asked Martin to write a blog but he's too lazy and can't be bothered. So I'll just put some pics up myself with little or no explanation.

Here's a necklace that Martin bought for me. It's made out of gingerbread and translates to "I love you". They sell these at Oktoberfest and this is the smallest size (as you can see it's almost the size of the hot-pan burn on our kitchen table):



And here is what a pretzel at Oktoberfest looks like. It's like a Swiss pretzel on steroids. I stole this picture from Jason so I hope he doesn't mind. You can see some crowds behind him.



And here, of course, is a picture of Jason and Martin with their beers:



Here's an idea of the crowds at Oktoberfest. Martin said the crowds there were out of control. There is also apparently a huge amusement park set up in Munich for Oktoberfest. So it's not all about beer it's about carnival rides too.



And here are some traditionally dressed people. I'm going to buy Martin some liederhosen (what the men are wearing) for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment