Monday, September 6, 2010

Milan



Esther and I started our travels in Italy in Milan. The impressive thing in Milan is the Duomo (church):



Don't let these pictures fool you, the square here was swarming with pigeons.



And on the inside, there were many massive paintings hanging from the ceiling:



And the floors were neat too:



And it had a good amount of stained glass, though not as impressive as the stained glass in Saint Chappelle:



We wandered around a lot in Milan and I had the best ice cream of my entire life at this shop (it had no name so I had to take pictures of it and of the street sign outside of it so I can find my way back to it if I'm ever back in Milan):





Milan is great for an afternoon or maybe even one full day, perhaps more if you're into high-end shopping or fashion, but I didn't take many great pictures there other than those of the Duomo. da Vinci's "The Last Supper" is in Milan, but you have to make a reservation ahead of time in order to see it ... which we obviously had not done so we didn't get to see it. There was also a little castle and a nice park to wander around in, both of which we spent some time in.

Later in the evening, we sat at a cafe that looked at the Duomo and had some wine:



We finished up with some gnocchi smothered in gorgonzola for dinner, which was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment