Friday, August 13, 2010

Our Updated Balcony



No more piles of cardboard and empty flower pots and no more gross old white table with plastic blue chairs! We now have a nice table from IKEA and I planted some new orange flowers to replace my first attempt at balcony flowers that decided they didn't want to live on the balcony. One of them was a violet that I brought inside and it's now quite happy on my windowsill out of the sun and rain and heat and cold and everything else violets don't like. Note I also fit in a sunflower plant in the background ... he attracts the biggest bees you've ever seen but I love sunflowers so it's okay. Martin sits on the side of the table closest to it anyway. :)



My chives, and the surviving red plant from my first attempt at balcony flowers that didn't really like the sun. It's shady on the ground in that spot so he's happy there:



My new orange plants ... they're in a more shaded part of the balcony because the middle plant, currently not flowering but about to, does not enjoy much sun (he's purple when he does flower):



My balcony is still extremely sub-par when compared to other Swiss balconies ... I need to fill the entire railing with flowers that tumble down over the railings and bloom all summer long. I'll work on that next summer. Or maybe in another life where I'm not allergic to bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment