Thursday, June 3, 2010

McDonald's in Switzerland

Introducing the McTicino and the Beef Italia. Ticino is the region in southern Switzerland where Italian is spoken and where many Italians live. So the burger that was named after that region contains mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil, and, of course, beef. Um ... ew. I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it as the McDonald's burger in Australia with beets and pineapple and egg on it that also looked gross was actually quite tasty.

The McTicino gets a special fun roll:





Looks like there's also some special sauce on these burgers ... the description of the beef italia says it has olive oil on it but then what's that white sauce? Some night when Martin comes home I will be serving up McTicino's for dinner so he can find out what it's all about. :) I avoid beef otherwise I'm sure I'd dig right in. Ha.

There are billboards up around Zürich showing these burgers and I was going to take a picture of one but it won't stop raining outside so I found pictures on the internet instead.

There are also burgers here named after other areas of Switzerland with Swiss cheese on them(gruyere and emmentaler of course) instead of American or whatever cheese they usually put on their burgers in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment