Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dad's Honorary Doctorate


My dad is now "Dr Meyer", in an honorary sort of way. He received an honorary doctorate of science from Mount Saint Mary College this past weekend, in recognition of everything that he has done for the college and for the community as a whole. Martin and I flew out for the weekend to help him celebrate, and several other family members also attended. Below are some pictures from before and during the ceremony and the luncheon afterwards.

Leaving the house in the morning:



The pretty flowers on the stage.



Processing to the stage



Hanging out on stage. The woman in yellow is the president of the college. I really liked her. Everybody I met from the college was great.



Part of our cheering section. My aunt Chris and uncle Art were also there.



Receiving his degree.



A few luncheon pics.



The blurb about my dad. It's a long list, and it's not even complete!



We topped off the weekend with a full extended family gathering on Sunday at my dad's house to celebrate his achievement. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures that day since we had a professional photographer present, and the ones I did take were mostly of all the kids running through the sprinklers which aren't exactly blog material.

No comments:

Post a Comment