Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter Trees


I don't have many pictures of this but I wanted to share it because I find it interesting. Germans have Easter trees. Like Christmas trees, but for Easter. I think any tree will do it doesn't have to be an evergreen it can even be a plant or a branch that you find in the forest. You bring it into your home or you leave it outside for all to see and you hang eggs on it and other ornaments. If you google "German Easter trees" the resulting pictures that come up are pretty amazing. Germans really get into it! I don't want to steal anybody's pictures but do yourself a favor and google it and look at the pictures. The ones I found in my town pale in comparison. These are just a few from the parking lot of my apartment building:







And no I don't think there are presents under these trees on Easter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment