Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Paint Bar


Last week I was in Boston for work and while I was there I had a fun evening with my friend Lori at The Paint Bar in Newtonville (which is in western Boston). The Paint Bar is a place where you can go and paint and it of course has a bar so you can also enjoy beer or wine while you're there. You have to sign up for a particular painting and class and once there you are led through the steps to make the painting for that evening by a teacher who is rather energetic and bubbly. It's a good time. Here are my paints, glass of wine, and blank slate for the evening:



A picture of the little bar. You can see the flower picture in the foreground on the easel - that's our goal for the evening. You can also see all the paintings on the wall in the background - those are all the different options that they offer classes for.



The rest of the class:



Our works in progress:



My finished product, complete with mess of paints:



Our final paintings. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment