Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall in Zürich



Just a few fall pics from around my apartment. This fall has not been very pretty here. There are a bunch of these trees though which turn a fun orange:



Of course I have no idea what kind of tree it is. Here we are walking in the forest to the gym. The forest isn't even trying to look nice this year. Greens, yellows, and browns:





And here are some berries that look a lot like grapes:



Here is one of many green trees on the science campus at the ETH:



I never manage to get a pic of this tree in full color with all of its leaves. It's always a brilliant yellow in the fall and since it's surrounded by ugly buildings it always stands out. It's a maple and when I grow up and have my own house I'm going to plant all maple trees to get awesome fall colors:



The real reason why I took some fall pics this year is because I love the ivy that grows on some buildings here - it turns bright red and is really pretty.











And this is my favorite tree. It's at the end of our street so I see it all the time and it changed color back in August and stayed pretty for 2 full months before dropping its leaves. It really stands out though you can't tell that from this picture.

3 comments:

  1. You got some pretty good fall leaves pics Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing spectacular though unfortunately. I like sweeping vistas filled with yellows, oranges, and reds but we don't get those here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Zurich to andermatt

    ReplyDelete