Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cat Grass



I bought something called "Cat Grass" at the grocery store yesterday which I thought was catnip but I brought it home and fully read the tag (when I realized Onyx wasn't all that excited by it) and it's actually just grass with "healthy necessary minerals" in it that cats need. It also somehow helps with hairball digestion. So, I tried to buy Onyx catnip for Valentine's day but failed. He is now in his fifth month without catnip here but I'll find some eventually!

I learned this past week that there are 1 million cats in Switzerland. 8 million people and 1 million cats ... that are registered. Plenty more feral cats in the barns in the mountains for sure. In my mind, this means that almost everybody here owns a cat since most households have more than one person in them and many cats are not registered.

Anyway here are some pics of Onyx with his cat grass, which he thankfully did eat a little of so I didn't waste $2.90 buying it.





And here he is enjoying his mid-morning patch of sunshine in the living room:



On sunny days that's where he sits from 10-11 in the morning because that's when the sun comes in through the balcony door.

That's the Onyx update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment