Monday, October 11, 2010

Heisse Marroni



Around October 1st all of the ice cream carts disappear and carts with hot chestnuts (heisse marroni) appear. They cook the chestnuts in the big pots you see in the picture below and the smell of the roasting chestnuts fills the surrounding area. Apparently these carts hang around all winter long. I've never even thought about eating a chestnut before, since they're not so prevalent in the U.S. but I might have to try them here since it's such a big deal.



I would like to note that there is a Pretzel King about 10 feet to the left of this photo. I pass by here when I go to class and I always end up with a fresh hot pretzel in my hands. The Pretzel King also just appeared a few weeks ago ... so I'm not sure he'll be there for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment